Upcoming AEDP Events:
Stay tuned for exciting new speakers coming in 2018.
Please join theAEDP Facebook Page to connect and get updates.
Past AEDP Events:
- San Diego AEDP workshop with Dr. Ron Frederick, AEDP Faculty
- Date: February 6th, 2016
- Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Location: 10065 Old Grove Road, Suite 200, San Diego, 92131
- To Register, please select the appropriate options:
- Student & Interns – $145
- Registration (After January 22, 2016) – $185
- 6 CE’s available – see below for CE registration
Instructions to register for adding the 6 CE’s
To register for the CE’s – First Register for the event above through PayPal, and then register for the CE’s by following this link: Click here
Our cancellation policy is: Full refund is given if notified before 72 hours (3 days) of the event. After 72 hours, there will be a $30 administration fee.
Healing Attachment Trauma:
Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)
The ability to identity, experience, regulate, and respond to one’s emotions, capacities born out of our early attachment experiences, is essential to mental health and well-being. Yet problems managing emotion abound and play a central role in most of our client’s presenting problems.How can we best help so many of our clients who, regardless of diagnosis, have difficulty being present with and making good use of their emotional experience, and emotionally connecting with others?
Unique in its intimate, moment-to-moment way of working at the edge of relational experience, Accelerated Experiential-Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP), an emotion-focused, attachment-based, neurobiology informed model of therapy, is ideally suited to transforming attachment-based trauma. This introductory workshop will focus on both the theory and technique of AEDP making extensive use of videotaped material to illustrate the concepts and techniques discussed. The speaker will illustrate how one’s emotional development can go awry, but how, when safety and security are catalyzed in the therapy relationship, innate emotions can be experienced as positive and free from fear, suffering can be transformed, resilience restored, and a broader range of personal and relational possibilities can be realized.
You will learn:
- How to make optimal, experiential use of the present-moment, relational experience to promote growth, resolve attachment trauma, and affect long-lasting change.
- How to bypass defenses and facilitate the dyadic regulation of previously feared to be unbearable emotional experience.
- Powerful techniques to rewire the brain and restore resilience that can be incorporated into any clinical practice.
- To increase your own comfort with emotions and relational intimacy as well as your confidence and skill at helping clients navigate their own experiences.
Ronald J. Frederick, PhD, is a licensed psychologist whose career has focused on the transforming power of emotional and relational experience. He is the author of the award-winning book Living Like You Mean It: Use the Wisdom and Power of Your Emotions to Get the Life You Really Want (Jossey-Bass, 2009), a founding and senior faculty member of the Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) Institute, and Co-founder of the Center for Courageous Living, based in Beverly Hills, CA, which offers innovative therapy, coaching, and consulting. Noted for his warmth, humor, and engaging presentation style, Dr. Frederick lectures and facilitates workshops internationally. In addition, Dr. Frederick is a certified EMDR consultant.